One can choose to either integrate blog to the site or keep it separate. Let me demonstrate the differences between the two.
Integrating – Have the blog with the website; Blog appear either at subdomain (blog.kipkem.com) or subfolder (www.kipkem.com/blog)
Separating – having your blog on a different domain altogether e.g. (www.kipkemblog.com)
Benefits of having the blog within the website
- Website will have more content – Richly content websites stand a better chance of ranking in search engines.
- Backlinks – one can introduce the links in the blog to the website’s pages; thus help the website’s pages to rank.
- It helps to create more seamless experience to the users; thus encouraging the users to return website which in turn reduces the bounce rate
- User/visitors get to know your company.
- Cost Effective – it is cheap and easy to manage the blog within the website, one does not have to purchase another domain.