How do you normally state your IT skills in your resume? How do you tell employers what computer skills you have?
The goal is to develop a detailed outline of your technical skills and break it down into subcategories. This will make it easier for the employer to pick up the specific skills they are looking for it.
Below is a list of computer hardware and networking skills to help you. If your computer knowledge is extensive, you might list it in sections as illustrated.
Sample skills for computer hardware professional
- Computer assembling and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Installing and configuring the peripherals, components and drivers
- Installing software and application to user standards
- Wide knowledge of motherboard and circuit designs of monitor
- Deep knowledge of printer and cartage refilling.
Sample skills for network administrator
- Managing and Maintaining the Servers, PC’s, Routers and Switches.
- Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Networking Equipment.
- Network processing, centralized and distributive network connection
- Installing, configuring and administering network technologies
- Installed and configured workstations for IP/IPX based LAN
- Installed and configured DHCP Client/Server
- Implemented HP-Open view for network management
- Backup Management, Reporting and Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
Key skills for computer hardware and networking resume
- Strong verbal and personal communication skills.
- Accuracy and Attention to details.
- Problem analysis, use of judgment and ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Decision making, critical thinking, organizing and planning.
- Tolerant and flexible to different situations.
- Organizational skills and customer service orientation
- Expertise in developing web-based instructional materials and teaching aids
- Ability to generate technical concepts in a clear and precise manner
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Attention to detail and precision, solid work ethics concerning meeting deadlines and reliability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills