Step 1. Start with a common word that is appropriate to your business/Organisation
Step 2. Setting up a Campaign – organize your work
Step 3. Find words that are related to your original keyword
Step 4. Use the Related Keywords tool to generate many more relevant keywords
Keyword research doesn’t stop
- Regularly check your keyword counts using e.g. Wordtracker’s Keywords tool. Counts can go up and down over time, and keywords can become more (or less) popular.
- Continue to add keywords to your Projects. The more money-making keywords there are on your site, the more profitable your online business is likely to be.
- Monitor how well your keywords perform. You’ll get results from keywords that bring:
- Good traffic and good conversions (these are the words people use when they are in buying mode).
- Low traffic but great conversions (these are the words that represent buying behavior in niche markets).
- Good traffic but poor conversions (these are the words people use when they are in research mode).